Unit 7

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Stripper Zukan" by Yoshiichi Hara, 1982

Born in Tokyo, Hara grew up near the theater house where his parents used to take him.  Later the theater became his lifelong fascination for his work.  Hara was first introduced to the camera at his early age and he used to take pictures of his cat, family and any surrounding with a camera that his elder brother won as a prize. 

Since 1975 Yoshiichi Hara has made more than fifteen hundred photographs of strip-tease artists – and Stripper Zukan is regarded as the starting point of this lifelong project.  In 1981 Hara held his first 'stripper' exhibition at the Ginza Nikon Salon Gallery in Tokyo – featuring the photographs of two hundred strippers created after visiting some three hundred Tokyo-area strip clubs.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

My initial idea was to recreate from the book Samurai Girl, and make it as a male version but realized that it's not changing anything from what I think about female objectification

“The word ‘otaku’ has a lot of negative associations,” she says. “My work is about finding ways to showcase its positive aspects.”

.

.

.

..

..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Noémie Goudal

Noémie Goudal has long been drawn to the meeting point of nature and culture, or as she puts it, the organic as “invaded” by the man-made. Goudal also feels a strong attraction to the theatre, and combines the two leanings in the series Les Amants (the Lovers), in which Cascade and Promenade play a part. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

BOOK ABOUT FEMALE PORTRAIT

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Photographer Dinu Li re-traces the steps of his mother’s life travels from China to Hong Kong to England. This family history is told through a deft mixture of old family photos, oral history, and new photos of the places that were significant in her past, but shown as they are today.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

...

..

.

.

.

..

.

.

.

..

..

.

.

.

...

.

.

...

..

..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

STYLING INSPIRATION

I really liked the 1960s futuristic look, which looks very unrealistic and weird.

.

.

.

.

The unit 7 project will be based on what I felt angry about the female objectification in pop cultures, and I would like to bring this topic up in order to let more people know my opinion about it.

.

.

.

Samurai girl / by Julie ; project by Paulo Von Vacano & Francesco Fondi.

The Mother of all Journeys- DINU LI

LAYOUT DESIGN INSPIRATION

.

.

Photoshoot ideas- humour and unrealistic

In my photoshoot, I want to try out these similar concept of the photos, and the styling will be very futuristic, but during the 1950s-60s.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The layout of the book is very unrealistic, and I want my outcome to be unrealistic since it's from my mind and imagination, therefore, I will create an unrealistic vision.

A devoted gamer and manga fan, Julie works at the edges of “otaku culture,” “geek culture,” and “kawaii culture,” endlessly searching for hip new ways to capture the heart of her viewers and pushing the boundaries of subculture art.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

These series of photo was found in the magazine about female self portration, most of the photos were taken in Japan and it's about female. The photos grabs my attention, since I wanted to create something theatrical mood and adding some humour into the publication and my video. My favourite one is the one in the garden, it creates a very unrealistic elements, seems like I photo shop it. Therefore, I wanted to make something that is unrealistic but also real at the same time

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A mix of present and past, Dinu Li combines family photos, his mother’s recollections, and images of the places they revisit as they actually are now. Weathered old family photos, reproduced in their original sizes, juxtaposed against the super-saturated colors of the rooms of her past, decayed with time, keep the reader in a limbo somewhere between then and now. The recent photos tell a story of China’s changing landscape over time. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

MODEL CASTING

Racial and Sexual Objectification of Asian American Women: Associations with Trauma Symptomatology, Body Image Concerns, and Disordered Eating

Sexism and racism often imbue Asian American women’s socialization experiences. Operating from an objectification theory framework, the present article (a) examines the conceptual relevance of racial and sexual objectification in describing Asian American women’s oppressive experiences, (b) reviews empirical studies linking racial and sexual objectification with Asian American women’s mental health issues, specifically in the areas of trauma symptomatology, body image concerns, and disordered eating, (c) offers critiques of existing research and points to directions for future research, and (d) discusses clinical implications for therapy work with Asian American women based on available literature. In essence, the present review highlights how Asian American women may experience body image concerns, disordered eating, and trauma symptomatology through processes ethnoculturally and socioculturally distinct to them via experiences of racial and sexual objectification. This review calls for a more nuanced and precise understanding of Asian American women’s racial and sexual objectification experiences and associated mental health difficulties. This understanding can only occur through increased empirical research and clinical practice, as informed by feminist scholarship situated in a culturally expanded objectification framework.